I chose to see through all of the red and pink and directly into the orange, black and white. Why you might ask? Because its the year of the TIGER!!! Its my year!! GO TIGERS!!!
Isn't he cute!!
Since I am sans a significant other this Valentines Day I treated myself to dinner...and by treated I mean paid for everything and had to cook it myself. Thankfully I know a little bit about getting around a kitchen. =] I thought a lot about what I wanted and finally decided to splurge on filet mignon au poivre (pepper sauce) with oven roasted asparagus, a roasted beet and goat cheese tower and sauteed beet greens, and red velvet cake with cream cheese frosting for dessert. It was absolutely delicious!!
There really is just something fantastic about a really good au poivre and a wonderfully moist red velvet cake. It makes me feel hungry all over again. All in all it was a really great Valentines Day/Single Day Awareness/Chinese New Year!!



