Monday, February 1, 2010

Week of Fun and Stuff...

Baby Austin is here and I am so excited!! Isn't he such a cutie!! I just love him already!! More importantly than that though is that he is here and healthy and so is mom. I went to visit Brenda and Austin in the hospital on the 29th and had a fabulous and long visit. I can't wait until the next time I get to go out and see them!! Congrats Bryan and Brenda!



So...basketball. Did anyone else watch the BYU vs. Utah game tonight? BEST GAME EVER!!! Not only because it was exciting, nerve racking, super fun, but also because they brought awareness to a great cause. It is Coaches vs. Cancer weekend around the NCAA and to show their support the Cougars wore pink sneakers and their white home jerseys trimmed in pink. They were really cool looking. I think it is a cause dear to any Cougars heart with the recent treatment and remission of Head Coach Dave Rose and his run in with pancreatic cancer. Both the Cougars and the Utes played a great game--very thrilling to watch. Could have done without the punching, but Henderson is a freshman, so I guess he will learn soon enough that there is no punching in basketball...That and the fact that this rivalry runs deep within the state and he is probably not going to live that down for the next 3.5 years and at least 7 more games...Not going to lie though...I'm really glad Jimmer is recovered from his little stint with Mono, because things really would have gone down a bit differently without him. Go Cougars!!!

 
Photo Credits Tom Smart, Deseret News 

I am going to try my hand at patchwork quilting. Never really done anything other than tie a quilt, so I may have bitten off more than I can chew, but we are going to try. I have picked out and reworked a pretty simple design (at least I hope it is), so hopefully things will come together nicely. I guess only time and my hopefully good (muscle memory) sewing skills will tell...